Last Friday, I end up scolding a class that I have not scolded for quite some time. They were pretty talkative and weren't doing the work that I have prepared for them. It was frustrating as Prelim is round the corner and I really want them to do their best.
My colleagues would have known of this one boy whom I like alot in this class... I saw him from being a round potato who is always a follower getting himself into trouble, failing tests, disrupting in classes to become a model student doing well in his studies scoring A in his recent MT O level paper. He came to me after class that day and said, "Orhz (he always just call me by my name, I gave up correcting him after realising he also call the other senior teachers by their name), why do you frown again in class today. Dont frown la. I will study for your prelim one."
Ahhhhh... so much emotion came rushing back at that juncture. It reminded me of another student almost a year ago who told me that he would not disappoint me for his prelim and made sure I would stare at his paper and not put crosses easily on his paper.
Yes... It has been a year since that incident.
I was not in the right frame of mind to mark his paper one year ago after that incident but I want it to be marked. I knew that I have to get it marked... something that I just have to do for him and hence passed it over to his History teacher who accepted this job after I told him that i simply couldn't do it. He topped the class... for his last paper on Earth.
I hope both of you are doing well in the other world. :)
I really hope to forget this date but it's seems kinda hard. I actually dreamt about my student, the whole funeral and stuff on the first day of the Seventh Month that day. :s
seventh month.. pls pass by quick quick quick
No comments:
Post a Comment