Tuesday, December 05, 2006

feeling blessed today

I'm so not supposed to be home tonight. If not for a bad ache, I should be practising salsa with my classmates. Need to practise since I was so lost for the last lesson having missed one lesson earlier due to Jen's wedding.
Despite of the bad ache, I still feel blessed today.
Recieved an email letter from Karen (who is busy with work in Aust) .
Recieved two friendster msgs from JB bro (who i have not heard from some time) and jackie (who i never expect to hear from via friendster) .
Recieved a testimonial from XJ, and knowing that she has marked my blog as her daily fav read.....
wah.. i just feel blessed...dont know why also...but.. to recieve all of them today?? Guess I am happy that friends keep me in their thoughts.
I used to be better at keeping in contact with friends really.. My schooling life has been rather 'lonely' in a way. Every new schooling year, I would find myself in a new class with different classmates. My primary school streamed every year then, and the fantastic me can study from the best class to the worst class...till my mom doubted my ability to study as compared to my sisters who are always consistent in their studies. When that feeling of finding yourself in a new environment every year repeat, you begin to really treasure your friends... cos you are realy tired to know new friends... i got that feeling since primary school really...no kidding.
It didn't help after my primary school to find myself to be the only one from my class to go to my secondary school. And after my sec 1/2, the only one being streamed to the sec 3/4 class. Due to the move to another town, I was the only one from my class to go to my JC. And while most of my friends went to FASS together, I was the only one who took the big crazy shift to major in Geo when most of my classmates chose to continue in majoring History...Lyn, was my first ever friend who survived a transition with me in majoring SW...
After the school years, I did the ridiculous thing to accept a job with the polyclinics (which is quite unheard of when u are a fresh grad) and found myself travelling everyday to different places, facing weird demanding patients, different working styles, different systems.... Being a newbie in the field, the feeling of being lost, being frightful, being alone is just so.... familiar? That job really drains a big part of me in that field. Transferring to the hospital was one of the wiser choice i made subsequently.
After 4 years in the field, i did the weird thing of changing profession again.. thanks goddness for Diana, who was a colleague turn friend to accompany me through this transition.
Am thankful that along all this changes in life, I managed to make a few heartsoul friends. Friends who may not be there when I need them, but I know are concered about me. I am making lesser and lesser phonecalls to keep in contact, maybe, i finally getting tired also... please keep in contact, drag me out if you think i may be dying.. haha...
It great when I managed to see two of my great sec friends together in a wedding recently. Touched to know that you are remembered by your friends. simply touch today..
I really thankful to you all (you know who you are) to cross my path and hold my hand when I need, to put that smile back, to give a hug and to provide that much ever needed listening ear that everyone needs.
Dont know what got into me to type this blog since i'm rather a private person... but... haha..guess i just want to remind myself that I'm blessed....when i returned to this blog entry some day.

No comments: