Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Self reflection

I did a mini self reflection while observing my trainee's lesson on monday. I see a young teacher trying to engage a class by sharing about herself. I miss that young teacher in me.

Rewind back to 5 years ago, I would spend every of my weekend preparing powerpoint faithfully. I would prepared a "welcome back" powerpoint with some fun and personal thoughts for my students to welcome them back from holiday. Such things are missing...... today.

I shared with my Sec 5s today. I have become such a boring teacher, the only spark that add laughter to the class is my "lameness". I will do my standard procedure - "ok, coursework, what have u done. continue, dont know must ask... and just draw draw draw...." it has become so predictable.

so today, i just simply load a youtube song that i like currently and share with them...a touching song really.


the power of words and how it can impact oneself and others.

the teacher in me that is trying to find time to just bond with my students... all over again.
my Sec 5s last year came back and popped by especially to say hi to me in the art room, my buffaloes whom i never met for 2 years actually asked me how i have been when i bumped into them today.

I haven't been enjoying my work.. but i hope i can relight that diminishing candle.. somehow.

No comments: