Travelling 2010
Kota Kinabalu, Sabah, East Malaysia, June 2010
It was supposed to be another self discovery travelling after some years. I had already bought the air tic and booked the hotel. I wanted a break to reflect and self explore an unknown place. Before i knew it, I let slipped of my plan and my colleagues decided to tag along. It was an interesting trip to travel with these colleagues to Kota Kinabalu. We never travelled with each other before so I was glad that they were all rather accomodating. River rafting was fun and the air in Kota Kinabalu was.. oh... so refreshing.Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, August 2010
It was a short getaway with Audrey. We just went to chill, shop and sleep. Ha. It was a gd trip to recharge my batt. I slept for almost 12 hours straight. I never knew I was that exhausted from work.
Macau/ HongKong, Nov/Dec 2010
We were supposed to go to Japan for a Humanities fieldtrip. We planned twice but it was not brought to fruition. Disappointed were we that we decided to travel together to commerate all these work we had to put in in educating the future generation for the past 4 years. We survived the bond and finally get 'connected'. Macau and Hongkong were fun. Macau was moving at a slower pace, more laid back, more terrain and definitely more casinos. HK was just.. well.. HK - Shopping and eating. It was good to travel with Boon and Shan... Not our first and definitely not our last, i hope. Taiwan, Dec 2010
2010 was good. the first decade of the 21st century saw some humbling moments on mother Earth - Twin towers crashed 2001, SARS 2003 which was just so close to me, Tsunamis in 2004 made me wondered if I had joined the right profession when my lecturer wanted us to write about the technical stuffs of how that tsunamis happened instead of how it has impacted lives. 2011 will marked my tenth years working since graduation, it's definitely time to pick up some books again.
May the coming years bring more laughter, health to my loved ones. If there are any lessons to learn, please ensure that I have the strength and support to do so. there were 3 surreal events that caught me off guard ever since I work, some were tough to cope but Im glad that i survived all.
So bye 2010, hey 2011... :)
No comments:
Post a Comment