Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Me and daddy

This entry was inspired by Boonz's entry abt her mom and her.

As mentioned in my previous entry, I fell out with a friend recently. I was upset and I actually turned to my parents for comfort and reassurance. Through my growing up years, I don't really share my inner thoughts with them. They have 4 daughters to look after... and they are always confused about the various friends we hanged out with, but my parents would always made an effort to know my friends.... though they usually forget them real fast too. This episode was tough for me but I am coping to the best I can. I never fell out with someone so badly. What was endearing was that my parents would advise me to keep a distance from such friends but never force their opinion on me. Dad was nice and he offered to accompany me and wait for me while I went for her ROM (which was really a mistake to attend in retrospect). I was very touched then because he knew how depressing I was when I was getting dressed for that wedding.

Today, I was helping him to sort out some vegetables which he bought earlier in the day with mum and he actually asked me how was my saga with this person. Bad. Real Bad.

it was the thoughts that count. I'm glad i am still able to have reassurance from the people that brought me to this Earth at this age.

No comments: