Tuesday, July 07, 2009

Hey big 3-0!

070709 is the day. I have joined the "change your IC" club. One of the most significant things for me and had been on my mind for the past few days is that I can no longer pressed the 2 and 9 buttons on my gym work out machine when they asked for my age. It's finally the number 30 as of today! tsk! I shall go swim whenever i feel weird keying in that new number during this passing phase.

My 20s has been relatively well spent. I managed to achieve a few milestones i set for myself along the years.
  • I managed to somehow overcome my phobia for plane and paid for my first ticket out of the country when I'm 21 years old and have been constantly flying out of the country at least once a year to widen my own horizon. I have been to China (Xiamen, Yunnan), Thailand (Bangkok, Changmai, Phuket), Cambodia (Siem reap, Phnom Penh), Vietnam (HCMC), Australia (Brisbane, Sydney), Taiwan, HongKong and finally flew myself out of Asia Pac to Turkey last year and the list will keep increasing. I have enjoyed the freedom and adventure of flying and exploring Sydney by myself, did a few backpackings, did a youth expedition project in Yunnan (surviving the toilets and the cold with a few nose bleedings in between), visited the villages that my paternal and maternal grandfather came from in China. ...
  • I managed to fulfill my JC ambition to become a social worker and did a career switch to teaching and survived it's 3 years long bond before i hit 30. okie, along the way, I believed i managed to touch and help some life with whatever experiences I had. ha! but most importantly, i think I have learned so much from the people that i have met through my work, esp from my patients and ex colleagues in the medical field. oh yes.. learned a lot of swearing and got used to swearing in teaching.
  • After much procrastination, I went and took my driving exam and finally passed this year before i hit 30.
  • I have been gym-ing at the same gym for the past 10 years. Not a gym rat, but just some ME time that i enjoyed and shall continued to enjoy... as long as i don't meet too many beasts in the gym. ha!

I have yet to set any personal personal goals that I want to achieve in this new decade of being 30s. I have another 10 years to find out. ha. how's optimistic. and I will slowly find out.

on another note, I have been trying my best to keep my birthday from my students. But i failed. My sweet form class managed to ascertain that today is my birthday and they sang a very loud birthday song during lesson time after failing to strike a unison chord in the morning. It was hilarious when they failed to sing at the same time in the morning that I burst out laughing. My mom has been rather eager to celebrate my birthday today too... so it has been a cosy family affair.

Being 30 seems pretty alright for now as it has started out on a good note. :)

hello. the big three zero.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Jiayou!
Thanks for your support!
I can do it!!!!!!
If not, you will see my hp in your postbox soon! ;)
sweet dreams!

~you know who