Six months into 2008, I have attended three funerals and a wedding. I hadn't been counting, just sensitive with numbers.
Perhaps I am entering another phrase in life. I am not familiar about the various rituals. Should I do this? Should I do that? With patients, I can slipped into the role of a social worker easily. With a friend's mom or dad or family members, I do not know how. still. I will look out for my friend in the wake for comfort. Perhaps, that is the only reason why I attended the funerals - to support my friends.
It doesn't help knowing that I hardly know anyone at the wake since I rarely have friends that hang out in groups. It's just a weird feeling to attend a wake alone, stared at the space, felt the saddness in the air and revisiting the knowledge of how fragile life is.
A weird experience I am feeling now.
No comments:
Post a Comment