Wednesday, May 14, 2008

mid year marking

I have been busy marking since my last entry and all these markings have lead to a new world that my students have constructed which appeared to be a rather chaotic one where tamil tigers fought in northern ireland, where beach is formed when seawater do a swash and backwash, where mangrove seemed to come alive by fighting off tsunami. Malnutrition is defined as low development level and famine is defined as plantation. These are the answers given to me by my Sec 4s... and they are sitting for national exam in less then 5 months time. what is my quality of life ahead if i choose to be a responsible professional who aims to give her best in whatever she does despite knowing an avalanche is heading towards her.

i dont know. be brave? and ......

The world that my students constructed was chaotic and the world that I am living in has been throwing lot of tantrums. first the hurricane and now the earthquake. If being a teacher has brought me new enjoyment, I must said one of them is falling in love with physical geography which I never did as a student. With all these catastrophes happening, I wondered if my students have that interest to find out what exactly happened?

i wonder... and i wonder... especially for my Sec 4s....

No comments: