Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Finally.. finally..after 2 months of waiting... i'm finally posting my Aussie trip. After gathering enough determination admist my flu, I ventured to Market City near Chinatown where I bought some grapes to eat in an attempt to boost my immune system. People were busking and playing JS Bach 'Jesu'.... lovely walk with those soft music... If u ever go for sightseeing by yourself in a foreign land, u will know what i mean... it was rejuventing and soul refreshing admist those flu buggies.Captain Cook who discovered the territory in 1770
Killed at Owhyhee in 1779
Statue built in NSW in 1879
Visited by a gal borned in 1979 who walked pass Hyde park on her second day in Sydney.
And so his pose is so different from our Raffles who 'discovered' the isle in 1819.

Walked pass a cathedral on my way to Sydney Opera House. Cathedral built in a Gothic style. Majestic feeling when you walked down the aisle with the organ playing and people start coming in for their mass. I felt peaceful and solemn at the same time...