Went to Qing Ming with family... and I mean the whole family...
with pa, ma, dajie and two younger sis.
squeeze all illegally in pa's taxi
(and i know my parents are glad that i came along too)
(hubby busy with his work as usual)
Visited my paternal grandparents whom I had never met. It was a habit to visit the temple to pay respects to them on Qing Ming since young.. it's weird to make this comparison but this habit is like how i visit my maternal grandma during CNY. Perhaps, it is praying to give my respect to them for giving me such a nice jovial pa and to ask them to keep a watch for my loved ones. I felt gd visiting their urns going through the rituals despite feeling a bit guilty for not visiting them for the past 2 years... and of course, we also visited my aunt who passed on in her 30s... when I was in JC2. Time passes real fast..
love reading Sumiko's article today too.
I like how she shared about "friendship- whether singly, as a couple or even friendship between spouses- don't necessarily last forever. Some run their course and collapse, others die from neglect or perceived slights. But real friends are a source of support and fun, and maybe it's time I work harder at developing friendships." "Research has found that couples who have shared friends tend to be happier and have stronger relationship."
I like her for being so daring to show her vulnerability to others..making it so easy for many to relate to her.
It's Monday tomorrow and I'm glad my Easter Sunday is not ending off too badly.

No comments:
Post a Comment