Monday, July 02, 2007

Siem Reap - angkor thom, bayon, elephant terrace and leper king terrace



Angkor Thom ('great city') - one of the largest in the Khmer cities was built in the later 12th C. Like Angkor Wat, the city is surrounded by a moat. the maginificent south gate with its towers with four faces pointing in each of the cardinal direction. Two of the 'guidance guards' with the moat behind which we pose photos with. There are a total of 54 guards here.

The Bayon -i love this shot.
this shot was taken by my tour guide...I only understand what he was trying to say after i saw the photo. Didn't know why he want to take my side-profile initially.

I like the craft work. dancing apsaras?
can i pass through?


I like Bayon. it's like a maze.. life's a maze sometimes- like Bayon.
@ the elephant terrace
Ah Wen discovered her height is the height of the elephant's trunk.

at the back of me are the pictures of garudas supporting the elephant terrace - depicting hinduism.
@the leper king terrace. We had our first climb. Our tour guide didn't come up with us and we took our time climbing up to discover there's nothing spectacular really, or perhaps, we didn't know what the crafts were about. Apparently, there was a folk-legend that one of Angkor's kings was a leper. I read this from a book.. haha. Anyway, we took our own sweet time to rest instead..
I took some time to manage a decent picture of this.. thanks to ah wen... who keep wanting to join in the fun. Look at that ah wen laughing behind... constantly irritating me but i enjoy it.. most of the times. ha.
Making Ah Wen to take this pic of us. posing with Parwin... in some corner of the leper king terrace.

She, Ah Wen, was the one who want to climb up and she made me first to climb up! Hence it's only right that I made her the first to climb down, which scared her.. wahaha... I took risk to take this photo, k.. in fact i took some risks taking all these series of stairs which i will upload soon. look out for the stairs in angkor wat...it's one stair of a lifetime that i will never forget i climbed.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

idiot! now the whole world knows my height. =_=

-wen

orhz said...

hahah... there's another measurement of the length of ur legs... haha.. i shall help u keep a secret, k :)