Sunday, June 10, 2007

I'm a lucky gal

I ran. I really ran.
To the fastest speed that my tired legs could carry me, I jostled my way through the crowd in the mall all in the hope of stopping the cab. The cab which I had left my HP behind. The yellow city cab which had just dropped my colleagues and myself. I ran in the pair of heel-less pointed shoes which my already tired legs are hurting from, dolled up in a dress after N's wedding, ignoring any image I could portray with one simple aim : I want my HP back!!!!
I ran so fast that I managed to see the cab turning it's way out at the junction of Century Square, after chasing it from Tampines Mall. "please.. this could not be happening to me. I'm sun burnt, my tired legs are hurting from yesterday fieldtrip in JB. My camera is spolit. I'm leaving for Bintan fieldtrip tomorrow and Cambodia thereafter. please..Please dont make me lose my HP. please...." My simple plead as I saw the cab turning out. It must have been quite a sight as people waiting in the taxi queue were looking at me. That was the state when my colleagues caught up with me... all looking kind of empathetic with their handphones in their hands, trying to call my hp... giving me that 'the uncle has yet to pick up' look but still trying.. and not giving up.
Finally... he answered!!! he answered dear parwin's call....and told her that he is now at the place where he dropped us.. the round-about point at tampines mrt. 'Run!' - my colleagues turn and told me. I ran.... ran again back to the place, jostling my way thr the crowded mall..
And there he was!! the yellow city cab!!! my hp!!!! he saw me, saw me waiting to cross the busy road over to him. He wind down his window, smiled at me... and handed me my hp when i finally get to run over with just words of thanks rambling out of my mouth.
According to my colleagues, my face was red when i finally made my way back to them. Red from my sprint! It hard to see me red, unless i really exhausted from my gym workout. I dont blush..dont even turn red when i drink.
It must have been quite a sight really. Apparently, T_T dressed in her demin skirt and bling bling shirt just look shocked and freezed when i ran after the cab. Parwin dressed in her pretty pujabi costume ran after me and Shan dressed in her sari took out her hp and was all ready to run too. And in our hands, was a flower tie with an egg (doorgift fr N's wedding). Thanks goddess, the egg is a boiled one. We agreed... it will just take one student to call out "Cher... " in the mall... to make us look more hilarious. I rarely dressed up to act like a lady.... with my make-up, dress, dainty shoes, contact. To run in that manner, is really a first for me.
I'm thankful.. truly thankful for getting back my HP... for having a bunch of fun loving, irritating and helpful colleagues.
truly thankful for 2450 cabby uncle for turning back.
i'm a lucky gal. truly. for today perhaps.

No comments: