Wednesday, January 03, 2007

It's a new year!!

bye to 2006 and hi to 2007!
bye to gastro infection and hi to flu buggie!
I'm still feeling sick :( Has been quite a few years since i last fell so ill for so long. Had been sleeping like a log for the past few days. Countdown was spent with me sleeping.. surrounded by my blanket, tissues, vicks inhaler. All these illnesses really drained a part of me and i thought i just had a long December holiday. The gastro infection is contagious and potent really, it was caught on by my two younger sisters who went vomitting like crazy but only this time, they have immediate medication.
Was like a reindeer left behind by Santas today when I went to school, well.. not a new sight for many of my friends who know how red my nose can go.... be it allergy or flu. I know i have to stay home if i'm still not too well but it's kinda bad to take MC on the first day of school, rite? and especially when I only just seem to see my Dr a few days ago?? anyway, I do have social awareness of personal hygience and i choose to believe my flu is not contagious. Was only too thankful that as a Co-form, i just had to assist my form when he went through the student companion with the students today. Somehow, I managed to survive my first lesson with my sec 3 NA also.
One episode today that really make me realised school has indeed started (yes!! I managed to travel to sch today in denial) was when a student asked me a duh +++ qs.
student: "Cher, can i put down the occupation of my grandma as sleeping in this column? She sleep at home most of the time.That's what she does."
cher : ....... what do you think (and she walked off)
student: "but cher... it's true..."
What an id*ot!! yes, i believe that your grandma sleeps alot but do you really have to write that your grandma is a "sleepster?" as an occupation on your student's profile. Save your creativity for my art, please. I wanted to laugh but yet got to put on a "dont try to be funny" look to my student. WELCOME BACK TO SCHOOL, TO MY STUDENTS WHO WILL MAKE ME LAUGH, MAKE ME DISAPPOINTED, MAKE ME ANGRY, MAKE ME WORK HARD TILL I WONDER WHY.......
and please, please return my healthy health......

No comments: